23.2.11

my milk toof in process

I've long been a lover of My Milk Toof, an amazing creation by animation artist Inhae Renee Lee that follows the adventures of Ickle and Lardee. Inhae introduces My Milk Toof on her blog... "When I was young, I placed my baby teeth under my pillow and when i woke up I'd find a shiny new quarter. But whatever happened to those little teeth? Where did they go? Would I ever see them again? Many years later, a little tooth was standing at my door. It looked familiar. Its name was ickle. Welcome home, my milk toof!"

Now, due to the huge popularity and cult following of her wee toothy pals, Inhae has produced a book about their shenanigans. This promo video offers a behind-the-scenes look at just how much skill and time goes into making each segment. The book is available on March 9th, get your order in as I know it will sell out just like her My Milk Toof stationery line did!


Directed by Daniel Chong, Orginal music by Brad Breeck.

I also enjoyed reading these 5 Curious Facts About Inhae...

  • Whenever a baby tooth was loose as a child, Inhae's father would trick her into watching cartoons to distract her while he pulled her tooth out. She fell for it every time.
  • Had several pets growing up, including rabbits, cats, fish, dogs, birds, turtles, ants, beetles, and baby chicks (which grew up and were given to a family friend to "keep").
  • Her parents owned a video store in Korea, and was exposed to "The Exorcist" in 5th grade. She hasn't slept well since.
  • After moving to America, her first job in high school was at Dunkin' Donuts. Speaking very little english, she took immense joy in decorating the Christmas donuts and pumping jelly donuts with abnormal amounts of jelly.
  • Was involved in a car accident that flipped her car twice on the freeway and into a ditch. She walked away without a scratch and was home that night eating copious amounts of ice cream.
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment