9.7.10

amy ruppel

I've been aware of amy ruppel's art for over a year, but I really love her new work! I don't care if it's already been shown off all over the internet, she deserves a bit more space here. Her series Mean Birds is funny shit. She paints all the birds that have ever victimized her or her friends, and calls them names. Sweet revenge! I wish I'd thought of this.

il_fullxfull.151332149.jpg


il_fullxfull.151330281.jpg


il_fullxfull.151334633.jpg


I'm also crushing on her encaustic paintings (etching into black beeswax and painting oil on top) the bison looks too perfect in his frame! love.
Amy Ruppel - the world above (walrus) - wax, paper and oils - Click Image to Close

Amy Ruppel - evening meadow (bison) - wax, paper and oils on - Click Image to Close



See more here. Amy's show carbon copy is opening July 30 at artstream gallery



found via design*sponge

No comments:

Post a Comment