1.9.09

classic

Steve McCurry has always been a highly respected photographer for National Geographic. He shot the iconic image of The Afghan Girl (shown below), and still roams the world shooting people and events with equal dignity from Mongolia to the American West. I have a few of his books, and pored over them growing up. He made me want to be a National Geographic photographer, still an option I'm considering (a girl can dream!)
Please check out his website, his portraits are beyond beautiful.

http://kodakcreativelabs.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/stevemccurryafghangirl.jpg

McCurry now has a blog!
His latest post tells of his experience witnessing the Ganesh festival in the sea at Bombay, and almost drowning. I love him even more for dedicating a post to my favourite image by W. Eugene Smith, called Tomoko Uemura in Her Bath.


Thanks to The Sartorialist for linking to McCurry's blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment